This is my first insect house, (chez hazeltwiglet) built by my own fair hand!! No frame and no DH to help me. It has now been modified so I will take another picture and post it soon. It houses solitary bees and other bugs.
Now that is rustic, but I am sure, as beneficial as the fancy one at Harlow Carr. Hope mine attracts bugs too, especially solitary bees. I am not sure I want to give a home to overwintering pests - must make a sign -residency only open to beneficial insects !
Now that is rustic, but I am sure, as beneficial as the fancy one at Harlow Carr. Hope mine attracts bugs too, especially solitary bees. I am not sure I want to give a home to overwintering pests - must make a sign -residency only open to beneficial insects !
ReplyDeleteBlue tits have used ours as a feeding station in the past!!
ReplyDelete