Tuesday, 13 January 2015

A brilliant morning

The sun came out to play this morning and for once the wind, though still present (and remarkably chilly!) had calmed somewhat from the riot of the last few days.
I walked downstream to the confluence of the Ure with one of its smaller tributaries, the River Burn and from there followed the Burn upstream intending to exit at a road bridge so that I could complete a circular route home. Unfortunately a number of trees had fallen across the path - the first one I was able to step over with not much problem, but the next one convinced me that I should retrace my footsteps - well I have got short legs !
In any event the walk was a joy - lots of snowdrops in the woods along the Burn, though I am still waiting to spy my first primrose.
Unfortunately the sunshine didn't last beyond lunchtime but it was brilliant while it lasted.

View along the Burn


1 comment:

  1. I am shamed. I have all these lovely places to walk and never get further than my doorstep!! Have got more primroses out now though.

    ReplyDelete