Wednesday, 21 January 2015

A miserable day !

I was hoping to post pics of my copper stuff today - which I am very pleased with - but it has been such a grey, wet, sleety slurry of a day that I wasn't able to take any good photos. They were either very pale or very dark and did no justice at all to the new additions to my garden so I decided to share with you the joys of my downstairs loo (not literally of course)!
Yesterday, when I was in Harrogate I found that I had spent 15p short of £25 - the required amount to use a £5 off coupon that my sister in law had about her person. In order to take advantage of the coupon, I bought two bunches of daffodils , reduced to £1, so still saved £4. The daffodils are so cheery - I have them in my downstairs loo, as it is cooler than the rest of the downstairs ( people do not linger there!)  and they will last longer.






The framed pics behind are all Mothers' day or Anniversary cards with bits of embroidery on them - not done by my daughter of course - I fear she would barely recognise a needle if it stuck in her !
While we are 'in the loo' , this next piece is one of two serving as window covering and is fabric and paper covered in Tulle with machine embroidery and thermofax print. It was made a couple of years ago with Ineke Berlyn on a course called 'Transparencies'.

It is hung in a perspex frame and is not as skewiff as it looks in the pic. It filters the sun when we have any and works quite well as a curtain.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike .... I came home with two £1 bunches of daffodils from Waitrose on Tuesday to cheer me through the gloomy days.

    ReplyDelete