Saturday, 24 January 2015

More copper stuff

Thought I'd better show some more of my copper garden stuff - I was saving it for a day when I didn't have anything else to blog but despite the fact that I went to the RHS garden at Harlow Carr today and have something to post about that, decided I'd better show it !
This is my birdbath
The bottom of the coil is set into a piece of stone cut/drilled to fit so that it is perfectly stable. I am going to plant a variegated ivy into the bed you can just see bottom left and train it around the coil on a piece of wire. a friend of mine has done that round a metal dustbin that she has a tree planted into and it completely covers the bin now and looks great. I do have rather a nice ivy in a pot that needs moving, but it may be too big - I want to encourage a good leader to cover the coil and keep the rest trimmed. I certainly don't want it to invade my bed - I already struggle with existing ivy in there. I can't remove it completely as the bed is about 4' higher than ground level at the back door and it is held in place with a drystone wall. The ivy that cascades over the wall is the only thing that keeps soil erosion at bay !
Here is a close up of one of my birds -
you can see that he is wired into the rim of the birdbath. He is one of a set of four birds that were part of my Christmas present from my daughter. Three of them are on the birdbath, the fourth is a peacock so his scale isn't right for a garden bird. He will live in my hut.


1 comment:

  1. Wow .... better than I had ever anticipated. I will come to stay - honest.

    ReplyDelete