Sunday, 11 January 2015

Wet Wood

I could have said wet Sunday ! It has been miserable for vitually the whole day. I did get out for a little while, but soon retreated to the warmth of home. I walked 5300 steps today - only about half my usual quota - lets hope the rain desists soon - I am definitely a fairweather walker.
When I was on my way home I decided to come in the back way which entails walking over a neighbours drive to get to mine. There was a pile of logs waiting to be sawn up for the stove - some hefty enough to make me glad it wasn't me that had to saw them - they were wet and shiny and reminded me of a starling's plumage. I took the pic because, one of these days, it might inspire me to base a piece of embroidery on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment