Well I thought I would wind up this daily blog with an indication of the reason (excuse!) that I struggle with eating. Actually that's not true - I have no problem at all with eating but rather with moderation !
Virtually every week, a local group/charity runs a coffee morning in the Town hall and this week was no exception -
Quite why we have an active Lifeboat charity group in our landlocked town is a mystery, but it has been going for years and raises money several times a year. It is almost incumbent on locals to support each weekly event - and as everyone knows everyone else here, one must do one's duty ! Next week it the Methodists - one of the highlight groups as their ladies are prolific and skilled at culinary products and are the source of most of my homemade jams and marmalades (plus the odd cake for the freezer for 'emergencies'!
This next pic is another of the reasons I struggle -
There is an Artisan bakery at Catterick run by army veterans who are no longer fit for active service. It is run in conjunction with a housing association and the patron is the celebrity chef Rosemary Shrager, who used to live down the road from us until moving south last year. The bread is sold twice a week at our market and this delicious sourdough is my Saturday purchase. It lasts us until Wednesday (I freeze half) then I usually buy a rye loaf to do us until Saturday comes round again ! To be truthful, I could live on good bread so have to restrain myself as best I can !
Our lovely bread board was a present from a neighbour - she carved the wheat ear herself.


No comments:
Post a Comment