Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Nearly forgot !

Just off to bed but realised I had forgotten to blog - don't want to fall at the 7th hurdle !
 It has been a very windy, rainy though not particularly chilly day. I did go out for a walk but didn't take any pics. Instead I decided to blog one of the plaster casts I did at the same time as my Green man. This plaque is about 28cm wide and I made it in the bottom of a washing up bowl !





As you can see, he still has clay marks on the surface. I was going to wash them off but I quite like the look. I am going to add areas of greenish paint - I have some Lumiere which might be good. Afterwards I plan to acrylic wax him to give some protection from the elements before he goes outside .

1 comment:

  1. He is lovely and I think I would be very reluctant to put him outside, sealed or not.

    ReplyDelete