Thursday, 29 January 2015

Another project on the go

A frosty, snowy start to the day so my planned coffee and cake meeting was deferred until tomorrow. Not wanting to waste a free morning, we went to the tip to get rid of the mountain of garden rubbish we have cleared in the last few days (without, I might add, making much visible impact on the garden). A quick trip round the (depleted) market resulted in half a metre of polycotton which I hope to get transfer paint onto tomorrow.
When we got back, it was time for me to go patchworking in the Town Hall and my DH decided he was going to make a start on my Premier Inn (possibly only Travelodge) for insects. Being too mean to buy new wood, I had suggested he use some pieces of oak we had lying around. It was unfortunately a little on the warped side, so a great deal of energy had to be expended to make a useable frame - here is its beginning

He has found enough oak to make its pitched roof too and we have some copper left to felt it with. If you  look behind the electricity supply channel you will see my whippet left over from the WI Call my Bluff when it was part of my Yorkshireman guise ! DH thought it was too nice to throw out especially as the night after the WI do, he answered the phone to a lady who asked 'can I borrow your whippet' ?

No comments:

Post a Comment