Not the policeman kind - just my leaf sculpt !
We started out with the intention of using the upturned leaf as the birdbath, but then I found the circular bottom of the old tank and plans changed. The 'stalk' of the leaf is a piece of copper pipe curved so that it could be riveted onto the leaf. We used one of the stones from the garden and drilled a hole into it so that the pipe fits snugly and balances the weight of the leaf. I am very pleased with it - looks lovely with the rain on it and hopefully will develop more verdigris as it ages. It is currently sitting outside my hut - this is a gravelled area with three large box balls - plus three new ones which I have grown on in pots and have just planted out this year.
Yesterday when we went to Harlow Carr I saw something that might also be at home in my garden - I'll have to blog that tomorrow !

Love this too .... will have to learn how to drill rocks. I will have a got at anything. Never used rivets either, thought suspect DH knows about them and might show me.
ReplyDelete