Just thought you'd like to see my birthday Quilt from my DH - obviously it wasn't bought entirely independently but am delighted with it all the same. It is a 2009 Annabel Rainbow piece called Chinese Lattice #2 (Womens' Work) - although you can't see the lettering in the picture, it is machined with the words 'womens work, domesticity and structure' . It may look a little lumpy, but that is because it is hung over existing pictures - I'm having to have a move around to find a good space for it . I don't want to hang it in my living room as we have a multifuel stove which produces some smell and dust when refuelling and cleaning out, then I couldn't put it on the other wall in the garden room as it would be in direct sunlight ( well, for a couple of months a year) so have hung it over existing pics to try out this space. I like it there and think it will stay.
ps the two bits hanging from the bottom are nothing to do with it - it is my hula hoop (fairly unused !) which is parked behind the sofa.
You lucky person. I will have to be grateful to have received a card from DH (if I am even that lucky). Love the quilt. Is the hula hoop used for some kind of stitching technique I have not come across yet?
ReplyDelete