For the first time in several months I managed to get to the Spofforth patchwork class. We made fabric by painting dressmakers vilene and bondaweb with Brusho colours then fusing them and adding angelina and printer's foil. The resulting fabric was used to made secret garden squares . Annie had made a lovely bookcover and a lined zipped bag, but I'm afraid my patience and enthusiasm ran out after 4 squares so I used it, with samples of the 'fabric' at different stages in my 'other' travelling journal - it always feels good to make use of samples.
I used silver lame type fabric ( an old scarf ) for the underlay and added starry sequins and small beads - the inspiration for the fabric was hoar frost in the garden but I don't think I was very successful in evoking the feel - perhaps it should have been silver and green. Ah well - another time perhaps.
How about adding some small silver beads to the surface to look like the sparkle of the frost. I like doing both Secret Garden and Cathedral Window squares but I can only do one or two at a time. You can cheat and do them on the sewing machine too.
ReplyDelete