Just noticed how long it is since I blogged - and I was going to be so good this year.
I have been active - two journal pages completed and sent away. I could have blogged one of them but forgot to take a photograph before I posted it off. I also had some jolly snowdrop photographs of Colesbourne but someone else posted hers - you know who you are ! Instead I am posting a piece I made for my son to hang in his new abode - it isn't quite finished but as you can't lift a photograph up digitally, you'd never know I hadn't attached it to the background yet. It is embellished and machine stitched with some hand stitching.
The colour isn't very good - it's hard to see the stitching in the distant fields. I did try lightening it in Picasa but in order to get light at the back, the foreground became faded and it is quite vibrant. The answer may be to bite the bullet and get a better camera or perhaps even to get to grips with the one I've got - I know the old saw about a poor workman blaming his tools !
Lovely piece of work. You are always telling me you do nothing much apart from go out!! It would be nice to see your snowdrop pictures too.
ReplyDelete