Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Garden Repairs

During the high winds of January, my garden suffered a few mishaps. Next door's Eucalyptus tree blew over onto my shed and my fragile pergola and wooden enclosure plant supports were damaged beyond repair. Fortunately the cavalry arrived and my DH's brother Bill arrived to help him reconstruct. I decided that this was an opportunity to change some things and instead of replacing the pergola , decided to keep the more open view . I may change my mind later ! these two pics show a work in progress. The structure will have another arch over the path that goes past my hut and the structure to support plants will continue behind the hut.

I have tried to find a picture showing the view up my garden before the pergola as down but couldn't find one. It was built over the path in the foreground of the left hand picture with a gap in one side so that you could step up into the space in the right hand pic. It looks very different now as you can see up to the sitooterie at the top - at the moment still full of builders leftovers from our annex and debris to go to the tip !

1 comment:

  1. I would not mind having some construction workers in our garden. Are they for hire? Looks a bit wet still in your garden.

    ReplyDelete