Almost ten years ago, for our 35th wedding anniversary, I bought a weekend stonecarving course in the Welsh Marches as a surprise for my husband (and me ! well obviously not a surprise for me ). As you can imagine, said husband was thrilled (not).
Anyway, we did have a jolly time, though I enjoyed it more than he did and over the weekend I did two pieces one of which was lettering on a piece of Portland stone and the other a Green Man in Bath stone. Portland is very hard and will last forever but the Bath stone is soft and subject to erosion by wind and weather so when I got home, the Portland went out in the garden and the Bath stone carving sat inside and remained there until last summer when I decided that however weathered it got, it would last me !
Now, my Green Man really is green ! There is a sharp frost this morning and when I looked out of the window, there was my carving really standing out, so 10 years on I thought you might like to take a look at it !
I am impressed - is there no end to your skills.
ReplyDelete