Thursday, 6 March 2014

More garden stuff

More progress on our new structure -
We (the royal we !) have finished the trellising along the 'back' wall and at the sides have put less dense trellis - one for each of the three climbing roses I intend to plant in the spaces. I did think of leaving the spaces empty so I could plant a cordon apple tree in each space but decided I'd rather have scent ! I will need to dig out and replace some of the soil as roses don't like going where other roses have been. I will just exchange the soil with some from my raised beds - I'm sure they won't mind !

1 comment:

  1. Trellis is great. My DH could never achieve anything like that in a whole year never mind a week or two. Glad you decided to go for roses. I thought you said you had not got much garden. It seems to go on forever. Presume the sitouterie is the end of it?

    ReplyDelete