Well it will be here tomorrow but our small town has been buzzing since early morning when I believe, (several emails from friends) that it was featured on Good Morning, this morning. The local primary school was assembled to paint a giant yellow sheep on a bicycle on the square - hopefully it will be picked up by one of the helicopters that are following the tour and our fame will be spread far and wide as long as it is not washed away by the rain which has been falling steadily for the last couple of hours ! As one of the Breweries says on their Tshirts - the middle of nowhere but the centre of the Universe.
No pic to show - can't get high enough to get it in . We do have, in common with all the towns and villages on the route, a stone marker cairn with a carved white rose on top to commemorate the event. We are awash with yellow bikes and bunting and the beer tents and food stalls are arriving plus the market stalls etc - all we need is a bit of luck with the weather and on with the party !
To mark the event, the local Embroiderers Guild has made a banner ( indeed I did one of the villages myself but think I've already blogged that ) and I do have a pic of that !

No comments:
Post a Comment