Sunday, 8 June 2014

Stonecarving day three

In fact it is early on day four - I was so tired when I got back last night that I didn't have the energy to write my blog ! Yesterday we carved outside ( under a canvas roof) while the rain sheeted down for most of the day and turned our limestone dust into limestone mud. Progress was made though and visitors to the open studios came to look and speak and sometimes admire - though one lady did think I was carving a baby seal - can't really blame her ! My bird is a fat, almost beakless. short tailed suggestion of a bird and is easily mistaken for a seal, especially when lolling on a sandbag so that I can get under its neck.
Whatever it eventually turns out to be, it will look lovely in my garden I'm sure !

1 comment:

  1. I am sure your bird will be lovely too. Perhaps I will get to see it one of these days when I have more time on hand to pop up to your home and garden.

    ReplyDelete