This is the current fabric sample I'm working on. It is a representation of the river ure, which runs through Masham, bordered by it's fields of different hues.
At the moment it's not sewn and I was playing with a wider/narrower river. I was fancying machining writing along the length of the river - a la Annabel Rainbow - either about the course of the river from its source at Ure Head , down Wensleydale to Masham and then on via the Ouse and Humber to the North Sea or a general river poem ( which I haven't looked for yet ).
I have a lovely piece of indigo-dyed fabric which I shibori stitched in a lot of detail to represent the movement of water but the colour is all wrong with my dyed fabric fields - altogether too soft .I could handstitch on my fields rather like the first fabric sample I did and perhaps print 'Masham man' on the river - or any or none of the above ! Just a bit lost at the moment - help !
What about a darker edge to the fields bordering the river? The writing on the river sounds good, but not straight lines, wavy lines for ripples perhaps and contrasting threads. What other colours/texture can you see in the river/fields. Look on the colour wheel for an opposite highlighting colour.
ReplyDeleteThanks for that - I shall insert the darker edge to be the riverbank and sort some threads. This sample is big enough to be a finished piece if it works out ok - about 68cmsx45cms = depending on width of river and dark edge.
Delete