Sunday, 24 February 2013

Playing with bean cans

I've been so busy lately that I haven't logged onto my blog for three or four days so it was good to catch up with the blogs I like to look at especially when there are new posts ! I have been working on my travelling journal this week and have fiddled about with the cover for ages. Paper is a very unforgiving medium when you machine into it - there's certainly no going back !
 I took a day out last Friday to our Pateley textile group. We had bought in a tutor , Michelle Pilkington ,to show us some techniques with tin and invited two non-members, Joan and Sue, to join us and keep the cost down. Don't know that I will make great use of the techniques but had a really good day - lots of laughing - Joan particularly, as I'm sure Hazeltwig will agree is a very droll lady !
I made a front for a small pink pig book but polished it so much I lost most of the colour I had carefully added with a blow torch - you can still see the ridges on the bean can though.

2 comments:

  1. You could of course forget the fact that you had heated the metal to colour it and just apply some dark acrylic paint and then buff it off. What about alcohol inks too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might try the acrylic paint -don't have any alcohol inks and have promised myself I won't buy any new stuff until at least the Harrogate Knit and Stitch !

    ReplyDelete