Monday, 24 April 2017

Sunday's walk

A fabulous day for a walk today - weather just right, warm enough to take my fleece off but not so hot that it was uncomfortable. The weather forecast for the rest of this week doesn't sound so obliging. I walked the top path around the wetlands - people are asked not to use the middle path in April and May because of the groundnesting birds - but the views are lovely and all the hides are accessible. Along the path I found this -


Poor little thing was so tiny - it would have fitted my hand - you'd think its mummy wouldn't have let it out by itself ! Ah well, tooth and claw.
Further around, once I'd negotiated a cow field and got over the stile to walk back down the river, I was glad to see that the sheep had obviously been busy and hung out their woolies on the line.


Further downstream at a small spring joining the river the watercress is growing strongly already - not that I would pick it from here. The water is clear and sparkling but who knows what is in it upstream.

When I got home I felt I had earned my breakfast and set myself up for a couple of hours in the garden. All that and an episode of Line of Duty as well - end of a perfect day !

No comments:

Post a Comment