Monday, 11 August 2014

Another TJ

Haven't done much lately - or been anywhere very interesting. I have though finished my 'other' TJ - that is to say the one that is not Yorkshire. This is the last piece in the first round of the journal and is in my friend Sarah's book.
 She is inordinately attracted to poppies, despite being told by one tutor 'how obvious' when she had chosen to base her work on one. The ceramic poppies in the display at the Tower of London are for sale and I have bought one - it will be posted to me sometime after Remembrance Day, when the installation comes down. I hope to go and see it in situ before then !
I took the photo of the poppy field at Mickley, just outside Masham in June 2006 and printed it onto cotton fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment