I've had several days away over the last ten days or so - first a visit to friends in the Midlands which took in the Uttoxeter Quilt Show - a very jolly affair, then back home to meet up with friends from my 'other' TJ. We met for a journal exchange (plus tea and delicious scones) . This was my journal entry this time -
it was inspired by a tatty photo of my Grandmother which a wizard with PhotoShop turned into a lovely sepia study ( grotty bits all mended) within an oval fuzzy edged frame. I thought the Grandmothers flower garden pattern would be appropriate to go with it, though truth to tell, the only flowers I really remember from her garden apart from forget me nots were Golden Rod (everyone had this!) and a sort of Globe Campanula which I thought was very exotic.
The day after the exchange, DH and I travelled to North Wales for an overnight stop at Bangor. It was a glorious day and we took advantage of the sun to visit Bodnant Garden, an 80 acre NT garden that we had often passed but never visited before. It was stunningly beautiful with a huge collection of Rhododendrons and Azaleas in full bloom and a Dell carpeted with bluebells - lovely !
Next day was Ireland on a family visit. My DH's brother essentially lives in a two acre field ( well, in a house in a two acre field - gardeners they are not ) . The hedge however was brilliant - a swathe of Gorse that lit the whole place up !
I thought I was getting tired of yellow after the daffodils, the dandelions and the rape but this tickled my fancy.
I got home to find my tulips in full bloom and as we are away to Skye tomorrow and they will be over before I get back I thought you should have a look at them !





No comments:
Post a Comment