Sunday, 5 May 2013

Travelling Journal


This is the inspiration page from my latest TJ input for Worcester.  I am not very happy with it as the supporting piece of work is not in keeping with the colour of this page.  Not much I can do about it now though.  I rubbed a wax candle over a piece of typing paper laid on a rubbing mat to get the washed out image on the right.  I am putting this on your blog as hopefully none of the Worcester group will look at it.

Bird with a broken wing

3 comments:

  1. I love the effect you've got on the background - and the poem ! I've never really used just words as my inspiration - have found it easier to use a visual image - but you do find some very telling words. I will have to start a word collection to go alongside all the pictures I keep for sources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps Hope the lovely little bird with the broken wing wasn't a life study !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not .... he came out of my head.

    ReplyDelete