Friday, 18 January 2013

getting ready for spring

Ever the optimist - here are my new raised veggie beds all ready for the new season. We've had to go ahead and get them done despite the weather as P's hip replacement will have him out of comission for a couple of months. They are all covered over as next doors cats will think we have made them new giant litter trays !

While we are 'enjoying' the weather, I have had a go at ice dyeing. I've tried this before with very wishy washy results but this time I 'cured' the fabric in plastic bags for 24 hours after the snow had melted and got much brighter results though not as interesting patterning as I had hoped . The fabric may well come in for a book cover as I have a journal in need !

 

1 comment:

  1. Thought your raised beds must have been inspirations for your 'grids' project!! Try leaving your dyed fabric 2 days and then wash in Synthrapol. I got nice bright results last time I did some dying.

    ReplyDelete