Sunday, 14 October 2012

Kantha Bag

I've been kantha stitching a piece of indigo-dyed fabric for a while now - no particular aim in mind, just a piece of comfort blanket stitching really, as a change from my usual stitch of comfort, french knots. When I finished , that is, covered the whole fabric I determined to do something with it rather than as usual put it in a drawer. I have made a bag - as far as I can see, it has no useful purpose but I have hung it in my hut and it pleases me.


 I should have turned the last picture clockwise as it is a closeup of the bottom of the bag, but having added it , I don't know how to take it away - pathetic or what !



Also this last week, enjoying the spell of reasonable weather, I went walking in Fountains Abbey and enjoyed an afternoon of Autumnal sunshine and colour - even sat on a bench in the sun and watched a goldcrest flitting and whirring his wings from twig to twig on a yew bush, seemingly oblivious to humans, just getting on with his stuff ! The reflections in the lake were stunning and I also liked the rows of stones serving as an edge to a bridge over the river.

I also took this shot of the roots of a yew tree, exposed by the endless rain of this summer. Amazing how they cling on despite it all.








No comments:

Post a Comment