Friday, 14 September 2012

Walk to Lotherton

Walked with a friend from Aberford to Lotherton Hall this week to look at the current exhibition - Victorian Look Book - a roundup of Victorian style in fashion and furnishing encompassing Gothic to Arts and Crafts. Included was a design project run between the museum and four local secondary schools to design and print a Gothic Revival wallpaper design - some good stuff here. Photographs are not allowed in the Museum without prior permission but during the walk I was able to add some photos to my 'pattern' collection for possible use over the next year.
 I love the spiral of the rolled straw and the pattern of the bailing netting used to secure it - some textile work here surely.
I also love the lines in the fields produced by the harvesting machines.

2 comments:

  1. Think you call a harvesting machine a 'combine harvester'!! You know the song? DH looks at lots of those at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen David Hockney's pictures of round bales?

    ReplyDelete